3. Dropping $100 on a meal is perfectly acceptable.
In the interest of balance, here’s my list of why sex is better than food and wine.
- You can start first thing in the morning and no one thinks you have a problem
- Sex isn’t fattening
- In sex, you seldom get little pieces of decayed cork stuck on the back of your tongue
- You can’t drink wine in a movie theater
- No need for anyone to stay on the sidelines as designated driver
- Riedel hasn’t made special glassware for sex
- Robert Parker’s opinion doesn’t matter
- You don’t have to drive anywhere to get more
- Fewer yeasty aromas, hopefully
- No such thing as a sex snob telling you why what you just did wasn’t as good as you thought
Also, when you’ve had all the sex you can handle, you can still drink great wine. On the other hand, when you’ve had all the wine and food you can handle, you’re probably not going to be able to have great sex.