1. Wine was invented by Spaniards looking for a shorter route to India.
2. The Scuppernong grape, native to the American southeast, is actually not a grape at all, but a legume.
3. During harvest, workers in biodynamic vineyards are not allowed to wear undergarments.
4. Ernest and Julio Gallo started their winery in a bicycle shop in Dayton, Ohio.
5. “Tannic bite” is not a metaphor. Tannins in wine are actually microbes that bite the inside of your mouth.
6. Champagne was originally created as a weapon.
7. Albert Einstein developed the Theory of Relativity after noting that Riesling is always two years from being the Next Big Thing in wine.
8. If you mix one part grenadine syrup with seven parts urine, the result is chemically indistinguishable from Beaujolais Nouveau. Try it yourself if you don’t believe me.
9. Red wine will not stain your teeth if you drink it straight out of the bottle.
10. Abraham Lincoln liked a little White Zin before going to the theater.